Welcome to Winter Conditioning
During winter conditioning, we work to keep our returning athletes healthy, fit and engaged in the “off-season” between the normal Cross Country and Track and Field seasons.
- The goal of the program:
- Develop every athlete’s Speed, Strength, Endurance, Flexibility, and Coordination
- Prepare for the 2021 Track season
- Have Fun
We train on run form, core strength, and speed in a structured and supportive environment.
- Winter conditioning runs approximately from December to March
- Sprint and field events train Monday, Wednesday, and Saturdays between 90-120 minutes
- Monday - Tempo Workouts
- Wednesday - Strength and fitness
- Saturdays - Speed
- Distance Conditioning train 90 mins on Saturdays with an independent weekly workout schedule provided for athletes to follow at-home
- Training locations vary between available tracks and parks
- Open to all returning Striders Athletes who are currently in the 11-12 age group or older (11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18). Exceptions will be made on a case by case basis.
- All practice information may be updated so please be on the lookout for emails or messages through/from TeamSnap.
- It will be cold (and wet). We recommend wearing/bringing:
- Rain Coat
- Yoga mat/Towel (for sitting on)
- Water Bottle